Atlanta – October 6, 2010 – Women in Technology (WIT) announced yesterday at a VIP reception the individuals selected as finalists for the 11TH annual Women of the Year in Technology Awards (WIT Awards) presented by Grant Thornton. Award recipients will be unveiled during the 2010 WIT Awards Gala Dinner on Nov. 10, 2010 at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel.
WIT’s Women of the Year in Technology Awards celebrates female technology executives for their accomplishments as leaders in business, visionaries of technology and women who make a difference in our communities. To qualify, women must hold business, technology or scientific leadership roles within a Georgia-based technology organization, or maintain technology or scientific leadership positions within a non-technology, Georgia-based organization. All nominees must have a primary residence in Georgia.
The finalists in the enterprise business category are:
- Sallie H. Graves, Vice President, Head of US Insurance IT, ING Insurance
- Lisa McVey, Vice President and CIO, MPT, Ambulatory and RelayHealth, McKesson Technology Solutions
- Julie Untener, Director, Enterprise Applications, NCR
The finalists in the medium business category are:
- Nancy D’Amico, Vice President & CIO, LeasePlan, USA
- Margaret L. Loper, Chief Scientist, Information and Communications Laboratory, Georgia Institute of Technology Research Institute
- Teresa Stanfield, Vice President of Engineering, LXE, Inc.
The finalists in the small business category are:
- Barbara A. Carkenord, Co-Founder and Chief Curriculum Strategist, B2T Training
- Buvi Raj, Vice President of Marketing, 3i People, Inc.
- Sue Reager, CEO, @International Services
Finalists for the Women of the Year in Technology Award will participate in an interview conducted by the 2010 Women of the Year Award judging panel focusing on each finalist’s accomplishments within their organization, in the community and in the important role of mentor to other women. The judges then select the winner in each category based on the merit of their applications and the strength of their interviews.
“Judges of the 2010 WIT Awards face a daunting challenge in determining which of these extraordinary women will be selected as winners of the Woman of the Year in Technology Awards,” says Sandy Hofmann, president of WIT. “The finalists are impressive representatives of women at the top of their field in technology in Georgia and are deserving of our recognition.”
More than 50 women were honored by being nominated as a Woman of the Year in Technology. In addition to finalists listed above, the 2010 honorees are:
Enterprise business category
Honorees in the enterprise business category represent companies or organizations with more than 2,500 employees.
- Marla P. Arbiv, Senior Executive, Accenture
- Marva Bailer, Business Unit Executive, NA Industry Solutions Communications, E&U, M&E, IBM
- Sharon Bevis-Hoover, Director, Global IT Transformation, The Coca-Cola Company
- Karen Brennan-Holton, Senior Executive, Accenture
- Connie Certusi, Senior VP and General Manager, Small Business Accounting Solutions, Sage Software
- Dabney Dixon, Coordinator of STEM Education Initiatives, Georgia State University
- Diana M. Einterz, Senior VP, Americas, Orange
- Maryann Goebel, EVP and CIO, Fiserv
- Noni Gonzalez, AVP, Corporate Systems, Mobility, AT&T Inc.
- Jill Goran, Director of Logistics and Quality, Global Nonwovens Business, Kimberly Clark
- Rhonda Holt, Senior Vice President, Digital Media Technologies and Media Asset Management, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
- Trudie Lamberton, Application Portfolio Group Manager, Southern Company
- Lo Li, Manager, Revenue & Core Development Revenue Guest Technology, IHG
- Neera Mathur, Chief Initiative Engineer, Certified Executive IT Architect, IBM
- Lise Matte, VP, Systems & Enterprise Applications Support, Global Payments
- Miriam S. McLemore, CIO, Front Office, The Coca-Cola Company
- Kay Morscheiser, Vice President, CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc.
- Donna Najafi, Business Intelligence and Information Solutions Director, Assurant Solutions
- Threelsie Phillips, Senior Director, Quality Assurance, Lexis Nexis
- Mari Ripp, Senior Vice President, Product Development, ADP
- Kathyrn A. Sanders, Senior Executive, Accenture
- Theresa Senter, Director, Global Collaboration, The Coca-Cola Company
Mid-market/medium business organization
Honorees in the mid-market/medium business organization category represent companies or organizations with 251 to 2,500 employees.
- Cathy Callaway Adams, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Federal Home Loan Bank
- Dr. Gisele Bennett, Director, Research, Georgia Institute of Technology Research Institute
- Diane J. Brown, VP, Human Resources, Integrated Broadband Services, LLC
- Stacie Hagan, Chief People Officer, EarthLink
- Amy Conroy Hassinger, Director of Operations, Customer Service, Verint Systems Inc.
- Lauret Howard, VP of Strategic Alignment, Business Development and Risk Management, NASCO
- Carol Kanemasu, VP, North Highland
- Barbara Kunkel, CIO, Troutman Sanders
- Penny Leonhardt, Director, ASAP Solutions, LLC.
- Desiree’ Maurice, VP of Product Development, Silverpop
- Charleen McBrayer, President and CEO, CCCI
- Carrie Wheeler, Vice President, Information Technology Strategy & Planning, Cbeyond
- Jackie Yeaney, Corporate Strategy and Marketing Consultant, Red Hat Inc.
Emerging/small business organization
Honorees in the emerging/small business organization categoryrepresent companies or organizations with 250 employees or fewer.
- Megan Burton, CEO, SeeGee Technologies
- Sheryl J. Cherico, President and COO, MD Tech Pro
- Sarah DeVries, Account Manager, BlinqMedia
- Julie Ison Haley, CEO, Edge Solutions, LLC
- Lisa Jones, Chief Eyemail Officer, Eyemail, Inc.
- Lynne Laube, President and COO, Cardlytics, Inc.
- Marci McCarthy, CEO and President, T.E.N. – Tech Exec Networks, Inc.
- Judy Mod, Principal, Social Gastronomy, LLC
The 2010 WIT Awards sponsors are: Presenting Sponsor, Grant Thornton; VIP Reception Sponsor, Kilpatrick Stockton; Gold Sponsor, Wipro; Silver Sponsors, Generation Mortgage, Louis Foster & Associates, West Reed and What’s Up Interactive; and Media Partner, Atlanta Business Chronicle.
“Each year the WIT Awards deliver finalists and honorees possessing the key attributes which WIT seeks to inspire our next generation of women leaders – excellence in technology, strong leadership and the wisdom which inspires other women to follow in their footsteps,” said Lori Turbé, Leader of Women at Grant Thornton and WIT Foundation Board Member.
Mary Ann Green, Affiliate, North Highland Company, and Shannon Johnston, Chief Technology Officer, Points of Light Institute, are co-chairs of the 2010 WIT Awards. To purchase tickets or learn more about the WIT Awards, please visit www.mywit.org/signature-events.
About Women in Technology (WIT)
WIT’s mission is to serve as passionate advocates for advancing women in Georgia’s technology community. Each year, more than 1,000 thought leaders and professionals attend WIT Forums, WIT’s leadership and networking series. WIT delivers professional development programs, such as WIT Executive Coaching and WIT Careers in Action, to enable members to hone their leadership skills and achieve visibility within the business community.
WIT’s philanthropic and educational programs, such as Girls Get IT, provide outreach to educate and encourage girls and young women to pursue careers in science and technology. WIT has two annual premier events, WIT Connect, WIT’s annual fundraiser event, and WIT’s Women of the Year in Technology Awards honoring the women who lead Georgia’s technology community. WIT is a founding society of the Technology Association of Georgia, an umbrella membership organization that serves the Georgia technology community. For more information on WIT and the WIT Foundation, WIT’s philanthropic arm, visit www.mywit.org.
About Grant Thornton LLP, presenting sponsor
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity.
In the U.S., visit Grant Thornton LLP at www.GrantThornton.com.
Media Inquiries Contact:
Amy M. Dawson