Women in Technology (WIT) today announced the finalists for the Grant Thornton Presents WIT’s Women of the Year in Technology Awards, to be held on Thursday, November 1 at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre.
Atlanta, GA – October 3, 2012 – The annual awards recognize the accomplishments of Georgia’s female executives in technology and their impact on their communities. Three finalists for each category, representing small, mid-sized and enterprise businesses in Georgia, have been selected.
“These women should be applauded for their incredible accomplishments,” said Brenda Holmes, president of WIT. “These nine women have been selected from an unprecedented pool of 60 nominees, representing the best of the best in their fields. The impact they have had on Georgia’s technology community is extraordinary.”
Small/Emerging Category Finalists:
- Carrie Bates Hastings, Development Director, TechBridge
- Jackie Breiter, Chief Information Officer, Goizueta Business School, Emory University
- Val Rahmani, Chief Executive Officer, Damballa]
Mid-sized/Medium Category Finalists:
- Lauret Howard, Vice President of Strategy, Brand and Risk Management, NASCO
- Lora Weiss, Chief Lab Scientist, ATAS Laboratory, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Leanne West, Principal Research Scientist, Director of the Landmarc Research Center, Georgia Tech Research Institute
Enterprise Category Finalists:
- Sheryl Fikse, Senior Vice President ITS and Chief Information Officer, Southwire
- Carolyn Holcomb, Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Veronica Sheehan, Senior Vice President, Global Network Operations and International IT, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
One winner from each category will be announced at the event, and WIT will also honor Andre Schnabl with the annual Legacy Award, created to recognize prominent Georgia business people who have had significant impact on women in the technology community over the course of their career. New this year, the first-ever Girls Get IT Girl of the Year award will also be presented.
Sponsorship for the awards includes an impressive roundup of companies in Georgia, including:
Presenting Sponsor: Grant Thornton
VIP Reception Sponsor: Kilpatrick Townsend
Gold Sponsor: Oracle
Girl of the Year Sponsor: Scintel Technologies, Inc.
What’s Up Interactive
A networking reception will be followed by dinner and the presentation of the awards. Tickets, tables and sponsorships are still available.
About Grant Thornton, Presenting Sponsor
The people in the independent firms of Grant Thornton International Ltd provide personalized attention and the highest quality service to public and private clients in more than 100 countries. Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the six global audit, tax and advisory organizations. Grant Thornton International Ltd and its member firms are not a worldwide partnership, as each member firm is a separate and distinct legal entity
In the U.S., visit Grant Thornton LLP at www.GrantThornton.com.