Atlanta, GA – October 21, 2015 – Women in Technology (WIT) is proud to announce the event sponsors and awards judges for the Women of the Year Awards, presented by Cox Automotive. The awards honor the accomplishments of Georgia’s top female leaders in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and the impact they have made in our communities.
For the 16th annual awards program, a nomination pool of over 60 women was narrowed down to 3 finalists in 3 categories: Large/Enterprise Category, Medium/Mid-Size and Educational Institutions Category, and Small/Emerging Category. To qualify, nominees must hold business or STEM leadership roles within a technology organization in Georgia or they must maintain STEM leadership positions within a non-technology organization. One winner in each category will be announced on November 19th at 6:00 pm at the Georgia Aquarium, WIT will also honor the WIT GIRLS “Girl of the Year,” a female middle or high school student who has demonstrated a strong commitment to pursuing a career in STEM through participation in the WIT GIRLS program.
The judges for this year’s event are:
- Theresa Brunasso, President & Founder, D&S Microwave
- Chad Doiron, President and CEO, Doiron & Associates
- Mary Ford, President, Director, Sales Strategy and Operations, Dell SecureWorks
- Bill Gallagher, CEO, Systems Evolution, Inc.
- Mitch Gersten, Vice President, Enterprise Platforms, Cox Automotive
- Mona Harty, President & CEO, PSR Associates, Inc.
- Margaret L. Loper, Lab Chief Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Monica V. Moore, Senior Vice President, Elavon
- Terry Trout, Technology Executive
- Lora Weiss, PhD, Chief Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute
- Nigel Zelcer, Managing Partner & Co-Founder, Jabian Consulting
“The judges of our 2015 WIT Awards are tasked with selecting the ultimate winners in three categories from among Georgia’s most innovative and influential female leaders within the STEM community. WIT truly appreciates both the time and dedication each judge has given to our organization and to this important WIT program,” says Sandy Welfare, Executive Director of WIT.
The awards are sponsored by numerous companies in Georgia:
- Presenting Sponsor: Cox Automotive
- VIP Reception Sponsor: Delta Air Lines
- Girl of the Year Sponsor: Scintel Technologies
- Gold Sponsors: Jabian Consulting, McKesson
- Silver Sponsors: Emory Goizueta Business School, Pitchmaps, Prosys, Salesforce, State Farm, What’s Up Interactive
- Printing Partner: Xerox
- Photography Provided By: Chuckyfoto.com
- Media Partner: Atlanta Business Chronicle
For more information about the awards, Click Here!
About Women in Technology
Women in Technology (WIT), an Atlanta-based organization, passionately supports women at every stage of their STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) careers — from the classroom to the boardroom. WIT enables women to build strong networks, develop leadership skills and advance their careers. WIT is the largest, most active female-centered STEM organization in the metro Atlanta region. WIT has set a goal of making Georgia the state with the highest percentage of women in the STEM workforce by the year 2020.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is a leading provider of digital marketing, wholesale and e-commerce solutions across the automotive industry. Cox Automotive includes Manheim®, AutoTrader®, Kelley Blue Book®, vAuto®, Xtime®, NextGear Capital®, and a host of global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide.