JDC Group is a technology recruiting and staffing company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2005, the privately-held company has been providing technology resources to businesses throughout North America for a decade.
Johannes Dorsch is the Founder and President. With over 25 years in IT and specializing in SAP, consulting, and staffing, Johannes brings significant expertise to JDC Group. Johannes’ past corporate experience informs JDC Group’s firm understanding of the needs of both their I.T. professionals and their clients. Roles that include: COO of CAS Americas; CEO of SAP SI America; and leadership roles with SCP and Deloitte Consulting. He co-founded Prescient Consulting, an SAP niche consulting firm, which was later purchased by SAP SI AG.
The highly-skilled team at JDC Group is passionate about working with and introducing exceptional talent to opportunities within successful organizations. Johannes says that the company prides itself on the foundation of long-term relationships that they have built, which is a result of their commitment to ensuring that client and consultant needs are met and expectations are exceeded.
Dorsch’s professional reputation is impeccable. Those who work with him use words like: creative, passionate about the details, knowledgeable, SAP expert, reliable, true adviser, great leader, visionary, and highly respected, to describe him.
His commitment to encouraging women in STEM education and professions, has a deeply personal component.
“In order to be competitive in a global economy it is essential for a company, society and country to encourage and support the participation of women in STEM education and STEM related professions. Without them we would only utilize 50% or less of the overall potential to compete. I am very excited that my daughter has decided to major in Environmental Resource Science at UGA.”
– Johannes Dorsch
We asked Johannes to tell us a bit more about the programs or initiatives that JDC Group has in place to advance women in STEM within the company:
- JDC Group is a silver sponsor for the WIT forums. This allows JDC Group women to connect with other IT professionals in Atlanta. Our team members regularly leave the forums feeling encouraged, motivated and empowered.
- JDC Group supports and has sponsored employee participation in the WIT executive leadership course and will continue to do so.
- JDC Group has and will continue to financially support technical certifications that the ladies feel will help them with their professional growth. (CSM, Safe 4.0, PMP, executive coaches, etc.)
Johannes received his Masters in Business Administration, Operations Research and Computer Science, from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany. A native of Germany until moving to the U.S. in 1995, Johannes is fluent in German. He is an involved community leader and a strong supporter of social responsibility in business. He has been an active member in the German-American Chamber of Commerce in Atlanta for 10 years and serves on the board of the German-American Cultural Foundation. Johannes was previously a board member of two societies of the Technology Association of Georgia.
More About Johannes Dorsch
Reading: Smarter Faster Better: The Transformative Power of Real Productivity, and Agile Business: A Leader’s Guide to Harnessing Complexity
Best Advice You’ve Ever Received: There are several very valuable pieces of advice which I have received over the years and try to follow:
- I am big fan of the book Good to Great and I especially like and can confirm the importance of “finding and keeping the right people”.
- One of my first managers told me that it is very important to not respond immediately and take a step back or “sleep on it” when you receive a message which upsets you. Not following this advice has certainly hurt me in some instances.
- Advice I received from my first client at JDC Group, a very successful entrepreneur, was is to spend a lot of attention and time with your high performers while building up future high performers.
- Finally, when I started my first company 20 years ago, I was in an executive office suite and my neighbor, an experienced businessman gave me the advice and book “Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff” when building a company.