We are looking for an Events and Social Media Manager
Position Description Title: Events and Social Media Manager
Reports To: Director, Programs and Events
Organization Description: Women In Technology is a founding society of Technology Association of Georgia with a vision to make Georgia the state with the highest percentage of women in the STEM workforce by providing opportunities that champion women throughout their education and career. Our mission is to serve as passionate advocates for women of all ages in Georgia’s STEM community.
The Women In Technology (WIT) Events and Social Media Manager position reports directly to the Director of Programs and Events and is responsible for the management and coordination of monthly and special events for WIT, as well as coordinate all social media.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all monthly and special events
- Develop and maintain event database
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material distribution
- Responsible for the development and fulfillment of the events’ budget
- Responsible for silent auction and in-kind donation solicitations for each event
- Cultivate and expand event sponsorship development and fulfillment
- Coordinate logistics of event ticket sales
- Supervise and coordinate with event contractor and vendors
- Implement marketing plans and materials for all events
- Assist with WIT website updates
- Maintain and broaden social networking through the use of social media to benefit the organization including communication on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- Actively participate, and staff committees as necessary and appropriate for delivering events
- Assist the Executive Director and Director of Resource Development in other fundraising programs as necessary
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in special (fundraising) events, social media and website management.
- Passionate about WIT’s mission and impact
- Knowledge of leading/managing events coordination and implementation
- Experience in social media content and strategies
- Experience in website content and strategies
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate marketing and communication strategies for WIT events and programs across the organization
- Persuasive with strong oral and written communication skills
Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with daily activities. Ability to get along with diverse personalities while at all times displaying tact, maturity and flexibility. Skills essential for success include speaking, writing and proficiency in the use of computers and various software packages.
Normal internal office environment. Weekly travel to businesses located within Metro Atlanta. Weekend and evening work to support fundraising and marketing activities
Please submit cover letter and resume to Cbeyer@mywit.org