Award winners will be announced at WIT’s Awards Gala—Thursday, November 8, 2018 at the Georgia Aquarium—across four categories:
- Large/Enterprise Organization: represents companies with more than 2,500 employees
- Medium/Mid-Size Organization: represents Mid-sized/Medium Organizations (251-2,500 employees) and Educational Institutions
- Small/Emerging Organization: represents companies with 250 employees or less
- Non-Profit Organization, representing public/private non-profits
Minimum Nominee Requirements
To qualify for a Women of the Year in Technology Award, nominees must:
- Hold a business, technology or scientific leadership role in a company whose primary product is in the technology field OR maintain a leadership position in the technology or science department of a non-technology organization with authority over an IT operation, including but not limited to technology hardware, software, technical program management, telecommunications, and support desk/network operations center
- Be employed by a Georgia-based business/organization or a division/subsidiary with a significant leadership role in Georgia
- Hold a leadership or STEM position with a technology company OR hold a STEM position in a non-technology company
- Perform a managerial role within her organization and hold budgetary responsibility
- Have a minimum of one year of managerial experience within the current organization as of March 1, 2018
- Have a primary residence in Georgia
The nominations process has 4 steps. At each phase of the process a nominee’s role & responsibility may change.
Step 1: Nominee
The nomination can come from the nominee herself or from a peer.
Step 2: Honoree
A committee will review all submissions to ensure nominees meet the minimum requirements and determine which nominees best represent the spirit of the Women of the Year in Technology Awards. A top 10 in each category – known as “honorees” – will be selected.
Step 3: Finalist
The WIT Awards Selection Committee, comprised of WIT and WIT Foundation board members, will determine three finalists in each category.
Step 4: Winner
Winner determined by panel of independent judges.