The statistics are alarming—according to the National Science Foundation, America lags behind other nations in the number of students majoring in science and engineering at colleges and universities. Research shows that in 2015 just 25% of computing jobs in the U.S. were held by women, down from 35% in 1990. During the same period, the number of women earning engineering degrees also declined.
With your help, Women in Technology (WIT) is changing these statistics. Founded in 1992, WIT is a 501c3 nonprofit that supports the philanthropic aims of WIT. We focus on pre-career programs, awarding cash grants to area organizations and non-profits focusing on girls in STEAM.
WIT created WIT Girls and WIT Campus to begin, at an early age, guiding women in technology toward success. WIT creates a community of female students of all ages, unites them with local professional women in technology, and then helps them make informed decisions about careers in science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
DATES TO KNOW:
- Grant application open – NOW
- Grant submission deadline date – December 31, 2018
- Grant decision announcement date – January 7, 2019
- Grant payment date – January 31, 2019
- Organizations may apply to WIT if they are a non-profit corporation with 501(c)(3) tax status as declared by the IRS.
- Applicants are eligible for girl serving organization with programs dedicated to empowering girls to excel in STEAM, which includes robotic teams as well.
- WIT’s funding must primarily support girls. For programmatic requests, the program’s primary clients must be at least 75% girls. For general operating requests, an organization’s primary clients must be at least 75% girls.
- Applicants with an operating budget over $1 million may only apply for program grants.
- Grant awards will be in the range of $500 – $2,500
Women In Technology will now be accepting grant submissions! Apply here.
Questions? Contact email@example.com for more information.