Fall Mentor Program: August 2020 – December 2020
Fall Mentor Program will kick-off in August 2020 and conclude in December 2020 — Applications to open soon for the 2020 program!
What is WIT Mentors?
WIT Mentors is a WIT Girls program that will create a one-on-one mentoring relationship between you and a positive female role model in the STEAM community.
Why WIT Mentors?
Most of us can look back at our earlier years and identify at least one female role model who directly impacted the course of our lives – we want you to have the same opportunity!
How does it work?
- You will be matched with a mentor based on both of your interests, geographical location, availability, etc.
- A kickoff event will be held in January 2020 that will introduce all the mentor/mentee pairs. You will get a chance to meet your mentor and interact with the other WIT Girls participating in this semester’s program.
- You and your mentor will meet monthly (1-2 hours)
- At least one meeting will be a group event with all the mentors and mentees at a specific location (Past group events include the Atlanta Science Festival and Masterminds Escape Games)
- Remaining meetings will be held one-on-one in person with your mentor
- Each month will have a different theme to focus the mentoring session (e.g. networking, goal setting, etc.)
- The program will conclude at a closing event scheduled in early December 2020
Mentor Program Timeline:
- June 29th – Application period closed
- July 14th – Begin sending matching Mentor/Mentee emails
- July 28: Mentor Training Call
- August 8: Mentor Training Call
- August 15: Mentor Program Kickoff Event
- October 3: Mid-Semester Mentor Program Event
- December 5: Mentor Program Closing Event
- December 8/9: Closing calls with Mentors
How do I sign up?
WIT Mentors Program is open to all rising 9th-12th grade students. If that’s you, apply now!
Click here to apply to be a Mentee
Click here to apply to be a Mentor
*Please email any questions to WITMentors@mywit.org.