WIT’s organization is structured to involve as many volunteers as possible with varying degrees of responsibility. There are programmatic positions consisting of committee membership, event speaking, company hosting, and event registration, and any combination thereof. All are challenging, all are important and all are necessary in order for WIT to function and effectively meet our mission.
Effective volunteer leadership requires the ability to appreciate WIT’s goals and to motivate all the various members which collectively make up this organization.
Find the Right Placement!
Consider those skills you already have and those skills you would like to develop. Consider the experiences you bring with you to WIT and those which you would like to enjoy. Consider those tasks which motivate you and those which you find more troublesome. Review the structure of WIT and identify the program areas in which you would like to serve. Voice your interests by completing a volunteer application.
The following criteria will be used when reviewing volunteer applications and assigning placements:
- Time available
- Fit of skills and needs
- Leadership experience
- Seniority based upon past service to WIT
Volunteer Placement Options:
- WIT GIRLS (middle and high school)
- WIT CAMPUS (college)
- WIT YoPros (STEAM young professionals – ages 20-29) – NEW!
- WIT CAREERS (STEAM professionals)
- WIT FORUMS (STEAM professionals)
- WIT Socials (STEAM professionals)
- WIT Signature Events: WIT CONNECT & WIT AWARDS
- WIT Special Programs: Single Mothers’ Program
Below are the 2020 Volunteer Orientation Dates – Click on a date to register (after you have submitted an application)
You must attend a volunteer orientation session in order to be a WIT Volunteer. This session will provide you an overview of the WIT Organization, our Mission and Goals, the WIT Programs and Events and the opportunities available for volunteer placement.
- Wednesday, February 12: 6pm-8pm
- Thursday, March 12: 6pm-8pm – POSTPONED!
- Tuesday, April 21: 4pm – 5:30pm – Virtual Orientation – Class is Full!
- Thursday, May 21: 12pm-1:30pm – Online Virtual Orientation
- Monday, June 22:
- Friday, August 21:
- Monday, September 21:
- Wednesday, October 21:
- Monday, November 16:
*Please note that dates are subject to change
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.